Criminal Defense FAQ's

Question: Is it possible to prosecute a child who commits a crime in the same way an adult would be prosecuted?

Contact an Iowa criminal defense lawyer representing clients in Osage, Iowa today to schedule your initial consultation.

Answer: In most cases, children who commit crimes are subject to the juvenile court system, a separate judicial system which emphasizes rehabilitation over punishment. However, children who commit serious crimes can be charged as adults. They will then be tried and punished through the regular judicial system.

If you would like to schedule a initial consultation contact an Iowa criminal defense attorney, representing clients in Osage, Iowa at the Brown, Kinsey, Funkhouser & Lander, P.L.C.. Give us a call at (641) 423-6223 or email us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.