Estate Planning FAQ's

Question: What is a conservatorship?

Contact an Iowa estate planning and probate lawyer representing clients in Dubuque, Iowa today to schedule your initial consultation.

Answer: If you become incapacitated, and a power of attorney has not designated someone to act on your behalf, a court procedure is necessary to assign a legal guardian to you and your estate. The preparation of a power of attorney can avoid the cost and time of a conservatorship process.

If you would like to schedule a initial consultation contact an Iowa wills / trusts attorney, representing clients in Dubuque, Iowa at the Brown, Kinsey, Funkhouser & Lander, P.L.C.. Give us a call at (641) 423-6223 or email us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.