Workers' Compensation FAQ's

Question: Can I Sue My Employer Instead of Filing a Workers’ Compensation Claim?

Contact an Iowa work comp lawyer representing clients in Fort Dodge, Iowa today to schedule your initial consultation.

Answer: Generally, workers’ compensation claims are handled by an administrative agency rather than the court system.  Because workers’ compensation claims are outside of the court system, these claims have different rules than a traditional lawsuit.  However, once the agency process, including administrative hearings, has been exhausted, the employee or the employer may appeal to either a workers’ compensation commission or to a court.

 A workers’ compensation lawyer will be able to tell you how the process works in your state and guide you through that process.

If you would like to schedule an initial consultation contact an Iowa workers' compensation attorney, representing clients in Fort Dodge, Iowa at the Brown, Kinsey, Funkhouser & Lander, P.L.C.. Give us a call at (641) 423-6223 or email us at This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.